1. Ensure that the WIR Installer MSI is not blocked.
a) Right click on the WIR setup file and choose Properties.
b) Click Unblock (the unblock button will become greyed out). Click OK.
2. Place the setup file on the Configuration Manager Site Server. To install WIR, double-click on the WIR Installer MSI.
3. Click Next.
4. At the License Agreement screen select, I accept the terms in the License Agreement, and then click Next.
5. Specify the install location. Click Next.
6. Click Install.
7. Click Browse to import your license key file, then click Next.
8. Click Yes to importing the license key.
9. Click Next.
10. Ensure that Update sms_def.mof and Create Package and Programs are selected. Only select Proxy Required if a proxy server is in the environment. Click Next. Do NOT select Create SQL Stored Procedures or Create Reports (SQL Server Reporting Services – SSRS) at this time.
11. Enter in the proxy details and click Next.
Note: This form will only be shown if the Proxy Required checkbox is selected in the previous step.
12. Once the setup is complete, you can optionally review the setup log file. Note the log file’s location for future reference. Click Finish.
13. Click Finish to exit the Warranty Information Reporting v3.5 setup wizard. Next, you will need to deploy the WIR program to a computer.
14. Once WIR is deployed to a computer (it normally takes a few minutes) open the Configuration Manager applet. Run a Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle. Leave the applet open.
15. Wait another 1-2 minutes and then run a Hardware Inventory Cycle. Click OK to close the applet.
16. Wait another 2-5 minutes for the inventoried data to populate the database.
Within the CM07 console, open Resource Explorer in order to verify that the Enhansoft Warranty3 Summary class populated the database. If you are having doubts about this step, contact Support@Enhansoft.com for help.
17. Now that all of the inventory classes are populated, start the setup again.
Navigate to the installation folder (default location is: C:\Program Files(x86)\Enhansoft\Warranty_Information_Reporting_v3.5\Setup).
Run the WIRv3Setup.exe with elevated rights. This time when you get to Step #10 make sure to select Create Reports (see the screenshot above) and deselect Create Package and Programs. Keep everything else as is. If you selected Proxy Required in Step #10, you do not have to select it again. Then, click Next and continue with Step #18.
18. Ensure the reporting string and SQL port are correct. Click Next.
19. Once the setup is complete, you can optionally review the setup log file. Note the log file’s location for future reference. Click Finish to exit the Warranty Information Reporting v3.5 setup wizard.